The New Continental has officially reopened!
Over the past few months, whilst being closed to the public we were transformed into a residential care hotel, New Continental Extra Care. This was commissioned by Plymouth City Council, with care provided by Livewell Southwest staff. Our Extra Care Hotel opened in April in response to the coronavirus pandemic and closed its doors on 30th June having bid farewell to the final patient.
It was an honour to help our local community during what has been challenging and unprecedented times. Now as we return to business as ‘usual’, we would like to give you further information on the precautions we are taking to look after you and our team.
We have looked at all our procedures from the time of your arrival to the moment of your departure, and we have adapted many aspects of our normal routines.
- All our staff have had back to work meetings to ensure that they understand and comply with the new health and safety requirements
- All staff will wear a mask or visor
- Sanitising stations have been installed around public areas and next to each lift door on each floor
- Screens at the reception desk
- Track and trace – if you are staying with us as a guest we will already have your details however if you are visiting the hotel or you are a supplier we will require your contact details
- Temperature checks for all staff at the beginning of each shift
- The team are to sanitise hands before and after serving each guest
- Steve’s Brasserie will be open on Monday to Saturday evenings from 5.30pm – 9pm (last orders 8.45pm). On Sundays, guests can order from the room service or bar menu and are welcome to dine in the bar area. We will be running one reduced menu across the brasserie, room service and in the bar
- There will be no more than two chefs in the kitchen at any one time
- We have removed welcome packs, cushions and all throws from bedrooms for the time being
- Club Continental will remain closed until further guidelines have been announced by the government
One of the most important things, however, is that we still have comfortable rooms, a wonderful city centre location just a few moments from Plymouth’s waterfront and a fantastic team of staff who are dedicated to ensuring that you have a happy and relaxing stay with us.
Thank you all for your support and we look forward to seeing you soon!