We have the perfect venue for all of your corporate needs at the New Continental Hotel, but have you thought about adding a twist with something a little out of the ordinary? Are you looking to create a stronger, more resilient team whilst having a great time? We have put together some ideas below to do just that; taking the office from educational to exciting all in the same day!
Tour of Drake’s Island
How does a morning meeting at the New Continental followed by a team tour of Drake’s Island sound? Be one of the first to set foot on Drake’s Island in 2022 as they are now open for guided tours. Starting your tour from Plymouth (Barbican) landing stage, you will take the ferry through Plymouth Sound to the Island. Keep your eyes peeled for some amazing island wildlife as you arrive, particularly the seals which like to nap on the rocks, land on the jetty and learn about the seagrass that is under your feet. Your tour will last 2 hours during which time, you will learn about the history of the island as you walk the old paths, steps and tunnels.
Teambuilding at the New Continental
What better way than to join us in one of our Event Spaces here at the New Continental and combine team building with all the benefits and convenience of a city centre hotel. Host a game show, get everyone together for a casino night or a Company Olympics. Working with businesses alongside our venue for the perfect corporate team building events that you and your team will love! Check out ACF Teambuilding and Events to see more of what is on offer.
Plymouth Pavilions Ice Rink
Maybe you are looking to get everyone together straight from a meeting for a fun filled activity in the local area. The New Continental Hotel is next to the Plymouth Pavilions Ice Rink which would be an activity to remember. Let us help you by making a corporate day a little less serious and lot more fun with maybe a ‘Lunch and Skate” type of day?
Stand Up Paddle Boarding at Royal William Yard
Party on with a Silent Disco
Could it be that you are considering something a bit wilder than the standard corporate team building event? Could it be a ridiculous idea to hire a silent disco for everyone to party the night (or day) away together? Quite possibly but also a guaranteed fun activity for all attendees paired with everything you could need at a venue when hired at the New Continental.
Contact our Events Team today and we can help you plan a team building day like no other in a city that we are proud to be apart of!
All photo credit to Visit Plymouth (https://www.visitplymouth.co.uk/)
We understand that the current situation with COVID19 is worrying for everyone and we would like to reassure you that the health and wellbeing of our team and guests are our top priority. The latest advice is to avoid restaurants and bars without specifying a ban on these venues so until instructed otherwise, we will be remaining open and welcoming guests into our hotel, whilst all the time upholding the strictest health and hygiene measures.
Our top priority is to keep you as safe as possible if you choose to stay, dine or use our gym facilities.
Measures we are taking during this time:
- Adopting the World Health Organisation’s standard recommendations and following the authority’s regulations.
- Increased focus on hand hygiene every 2 hours or more often as appropriate, as well as washing hands thoroughly before and on entering the property
- Employees to avoid direct contact and keeping distance with others where possible
- Any employees that think they may have symptoms are not come into the hotels for 7-14 days
- All rooms and communal areas are clean and disinfected to the highest standards regularly. We are also cleaning and sanitising all touched surfaces every 2 hours or more often as required – all surfaces such as door handles, tables, the lift, car registration screen, etc
What we expect from our guests before and on entering the hotel:
- To inform us of any potential risk of being in contact with someone who could have COVID-19
- To inform us if you have recently travelled to a location of higher risk
- To frequently hand wash and maintain a high level of hand hygiene
- Cover your mouth or nose when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid direct contact with others and maintain the recommended distance between other people where appropriate
- If feeling unwell to stay in your room and inform our reception team via phone
We are trying to be as flexible as possible during this time and we will continue to listen to the government’s advice and adapt as the situation changes. Our team are on hand with any questions you may have by phone 01752 276798 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you soon.
The New Continental Team