Job Type: Full-time & Part-Time Position Available
Position: Hotel Porter
We are looking for a reliable Hotel Porter to join our busy team who can handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, whilst also delivering a high level of customer service. The Hotel Porter will be responsible for greeting guests, responding and adapting to guests requests and assisting all departments in maintaining an exceptional customer experience.
The successful applicant will be flexible with the working hours as weekends and bank holidays are included in the normal working week.
In this job you would need great customer service skills and have a smart appearance. This is a very hands-on, physically demanding role, ensuring the high standards are maintained. You must be comfortable and have the self-motivation to work alone. The ideal candidate for this position has a positive attitude and is dedicated to making each guest’s stay as pleasant as possible.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Giving guests a warm greeting when checking in to the hotel, offering help where needed to every guest.
- To be present at the Reception desk or in the reception foyer to assist guests, colleagues and visitors when requested.
- Moving furniture and setting up rooms for events, ensuring the hotels standards are met.
- Must possess a polite phone etiquette and communication skills.
- Must have impeccable grooming standards.
- Night portering to cover Holidays.
- Reception duties to cover breaks.
- Perform any other tasks as and when assigned by the management.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role you should be able to maintain the following attitude, behaviours, skills, and values:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
- Be reliable, honest and respectful at all times.
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Meals on duty
- Free use of the entire Leisure Complex.
Experience in a similar environment would be an advantage although full training will be given.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or drop in by hand to the New Continental Hotel reception. To apply for this position you must be eligible to work in the UK